Hot Child in the City - PopCultureWhoreNYC@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Fat Lady Cut to Black
By PopCultureWhore



Sopranos, Sopranos. Love it or hate it, the finale definitely accomplished the task of giving us what we least expected. I was initially miffed that David Chase gave us the sudden, “draw your own conclusions” ending, but it’s probably fitting. The series always defied expectation, so why should we have expected anything less from the finale? The “Sopranos” was a trend setting TV show and it ended in a never-before-seen fashion. Though I’m leaning towards the camp that thinks the blackout was actually Tony’s death, I’m ultimately glad Chase didn’t show it – or succumb to a maudlin, pan out family togetherness shot. That’s not how they do it in Jersey. HBO’s been busy pulling down all clips of the “Sopranos” finale from the web, so instead watch my favorite series finale moment -- “Six Feet Under”, which basically made me cry for two days. “Sex and the City” was a similarly sad goodbye, but it didn’t pack quite the same emotional punch. HBO may soon be pulling down these clips as well, so enjoy while you can!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

That Six Feet Under finale just killed me, I too cried for days. I just rewatched it on your site and my sound didn't work and I still cried. That song though.... I have never heard that song since that finale aired and not felt teary eyed.

One clip I saw on the Sopranos finale said maybe it was a nod to the scene in the Godfather where the gun was hidden in the restaurant bathroom. Notice the shady looking guy they kept showing in the restaurant enters the bathroom shortly before the fade to black.

3:08 PM

 
Anonymous Dylan said...

Gosh, there is really much useful information above!
hotels in Quebec city | wood file cabinets for the home | real estate Florida

9:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home