Hot Child in the City - PopCultureWhoreNYC@gmail.com

Sunday, December 03, 2006

What a Whore Watches
By PopCultureWhore




I love me some trashy TV, but the networks seem to have gotten wise to the fact that even I occasionally enjoy a bit of brain activity while staring at the boob tube (sorry, BoomKat).

To that end, you can add Tina Fey’s “30 Rock” to my current list of DVR specialities. It’s the half-hour sitcom version of “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip” – except it lacks the pretentious bullshit that makes me want to run headfirst into a cement wall. The gem of “30 Rock” is Alec Baldwin (above) as a clueless TV executive who taunts Fey’s Liz Lemon. (“The Italians have a saying, Lemon. Keep your friend close and your enemies closer. And although they’ve never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area, they are correct.”). Tracy Morgan also gets his share of hilarious plot points (pretending to be illiterate to get out of work, faking a facial tattoo to maintain street cred) as a star of the comedy show around which “30 Rock” is centered.

I also really didn’t want to like TBS’s “My Boys” about the Chicago sports writer with a gaggle of platonic sports writer male buddies, but damn it if I don’t find it amusing. I’m still not entirely convinced that all those guys wouldn’t try to bust a move on blonde PJ (especially the scruffy hot roommate), but Jordana Spiro is rather endearing as the main character, so I will give it a shot. And I don’t even like sports. PJ needed to dump crush boy Bobby after he ditched her for chicken wings with the boys, though. Watch the first episode and other clips HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home