Hot Child in the City - PopCultureWhoreNYC@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Who Will Dance With Celine?!
By Tiffany Westlie


















“So You Think You Can Dance” packed quite a lot of excitement into its two-hour finale. They went big with six judges: Nigel, Crazy Mary, Brian, Shane, Mia, and Dan Karaty.

Since Shane is totally the man we got an awesome group routine with all top 20 dancers. I have to say that this makes me really happy. Shane has done my favorite stuff so far in the competition. If I could do a Crazy Mary scream in this post I would.

Ok I will…..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Done.

Did you know that versions of this show air in Norway, Turkey, New Zealand and Israel? I would actually like to see one of those. Something about this show hosted by a Drag Queen really piques my interest.

Benji picks Heidi to perform the Black Mambo with him. It’s probably my favorite dance in the whole competition. This was seriously hot and that little Heidi is such a firecracker. I never really thought I honestly was that into ballroom dancing until this routine.

Heidi’s choice for her favorite dance is the beautiful contemporary routine that she did with Travis. This was a great choice as well. Must give some props to Mia Michaels once more for the use of the bench. This was very moving and I really want Travis to win after watching this beautiful number.

















CLICK HERE FOR MORE ...

We find out Natalie and Dmitry are DATING. Sparks on and off the dance floor? Hot “So You Think You Can Dance” love? This finale is getting better and better as we go.

Ciara lip syncs a song off the “Step Up” soundtrack. At least it’s exciting to watch. It’s sad how many of these performances have been really, really boring. At least there is dancing in this one. Actually this is the first one that I have watched the whole thing and not used my DVR to bypass the madness. (Click HERE to watch the final four attend the premiere of “Step Up").





















Donyelle picks Benji to do her favorite routine “You Can’t Stop the Beat.” This wasn't my favorite routine of hers. I actually think she should have done the Hip Hop she did the first week with Benji. Maybe she is gunning for a spot in “Hairspray” on Broadway?














Mia picked Ivan and Allison’s Contemporary as her favorite routine. Wow, Mia really was lovin on the Ivan. I forgot how hot this routine was and honestly they must be doing this in the show cause it’s even better than before! I miss Ivan; he really was quite a little beam of sunlight for me. Allison also reminds American “you made a big mistake by not having me in the top four…big mistake.”

That was followed by a Wade Robson routine that is reminiscent of the weird Backstreet Boy’s Victorian un-dead video. But it’s cool and fun again and I’m feeling lots of love for Wade.

But alas, we were asked to say goodbye to our bottom 20 since they will not be appearing on the tour. I really am just sad Musa won’t be making an appearance.

Heidi then did a super lame solo during which she took off her shirt. Why didn’t she just do her shake it shake it routine?. As a soloist she isn’t that strong but she is so darn cute. But cute didn’t cut it because Cat Deely informed her that she is not America’s favorite dancer. I’m ok with this. She is an amazing partner when it comes to duets but this, in the end, just wasn’t her competition to win.

Travis’s favorite routine was his excellent Paso Double with Heidi. This dance was super hot and with Heidi (the best girl partner we had all season) he really could shine. Our little girly boy Travis really actually looked masculine in this one. It takes a little sprite like Heidi to make you look like a big strong man.

Donyelle did her solo in a very unattractive dress. I mean, if this was my last time on stage for all of America I would want to be put in something a little more flattering. She was full of soul, however, and I do give her props for being a curvy female and being one of our “sex symbols” of the show. She’s a hot lady and I promise you her booty will be shakin it in a rap video quite soon.

Brian’s favorite routine was “Steam Heat” by Travis and Martha and we were treated once again to a fantastic performance. I feel sorry for Martha. She is a really good dancer and I think maybe her nerves got to her cause watching her in the finale she is just on fire. Great technique and I would put her on Broadway in a second.

Benji did one more solo that wasn't really his style and I was a little sad about that. These solos are sort of lame tonight but I am a big fan of the Benji. He has more personality that anybody up there and for a little Mormon boy who was ballroom dancing with his cousin, this I bet is a huge deal. He is wholesome and I bet middle America just wants to eat him up.




















Travis performed his solo and proved that he is a true talent. I am his biggest fan and he is my winner. His solo rocked because he does what he does best. He is so grounded and super cute.

Fergie made an appearance but it's lame and I really think something is wrong with her face. Who told this woman she could sing?

















The big ending was delayed with a really sappy music montage and an odd version of the cellblock tango featuring the top 10. But the show wasn’t done yet and viewers were treated to our last routine complements of Travis and Benji, or “Tranji” as they dubbed themselves. This was Dan Karaty’s favorite and I have to admit it was super cute. Shane’s dorky Hip Hop really did strike a chord with America as Tranji are our top two. It’s still is as homo-tastic as ever. I want to know what these Mormons think of lil ole Benji.

















The moment of truth came after 10 fake endings; the American Idol formula wore thin.

AND OUR WINNER IS: BENJI!!!!!!

















Click HERE to read an Entertainment Weekly interview with the top four and HERE for a solo interview with Benji after his win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home